Are You or a Family Member the Victim of Police Brutality?

If you or a loved one has been beaten, tasered, shot, or otherwise abused by police officers, no matter what the cause of the arrest, a violation of civil rights has likely occurred.

Our police brutality attorneys specialize in maximizing compensation for victims and holding unethical cops accountable. 

If you or a loved one has been a victim of police brutality or excessive force, you can sue: 

  • Law enforcement officers
  • The local police department
  • The local sheriff's department
  • The city
  • The state
  • The federal government

When cops violate your civil rights by engaging in unjustified violence, brutality, or excessive force, you can seek compensation under state and federal statutes.

From California to New York and Florida every state between, we see violent law enforcement officers using excessive, sometimes deadly, force against innocent and guilty suspects alike. In many cases, the victims are economically disadvantaged.

Numerous police departments have a dark past with a record number of police brutality claims and a history of letting the culprits go free.

Our team of renowned attorneys are devoted to protecting civil rights nationwide. With a record of successful verdicts and large settlements, they have represented clients in high profile police brutality cases in Chicago, Illinois, Washington DC, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, New Orleans, Louisiana, New York, Connecticut, and beyond.

Our top-tier attorneys and investigators have been featured on national media and have secured some of the highest settlements in civil rights cases. Our team includes former police officers and prosecutors, who know the system inside out.

We know the majority of cops are decent, but we are relentless in pursuing those who aren't. If you or a loved one has been shot, tasered, beaten, or sexually assaulted by law enforcement officers or jail personnel, you have a right to truth, justice, and a financial remedy.

Take the First Step to Learn Your Rights 866.836.4684

Or Connect Online

Police Brutality Facts: What Are Your Civil Rights and How Can You Prove They Were Violated?

Even During Arrest or Detention, Cops Have a Duty to Protect Your Physical Integrity. Being in Custody Does Not Mean Losing Your Constitutional Rights. An Officer's Power over You is Limited, and Those Limitations Must Be Enforced.  

The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution protects you against police brutality. The Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments mandate that the federal government cannot deprive anyone of "life, liberty, or property," without due process of law. 

Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, it is illegal for people employed by the government, such as police officers, to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, sex, immigrant status, or nationality. 

Our attorneys have a track record of success representing victims of civil rights violations including  unlawful arrest and excessive force.

We have a history of prosecuting cases against some of America's most abusive officers and police departments. Common civil rights violations in the police brutality complaints we handle can include:  

  • Police shootings
  • Police beatings
  • Unjustified use of deadly force
  • Unlawful use of tasers or chokeolds
  • Arrestee sexual assault
  • Violence used to extract confessions
  • Illegal searches or seizures
  • False arrests
  • Racial profiling
  • Discrimination against members of the LGBT community

Seriously Injured by Police? Learn Your Rights and Options 866.836.4684

Or Connect Online

How Can You Report Police Brutality?

If you are a victim of police brutality, it is important to record every detail you remember about the incident, location, time of day, what was said, and what was done, as precisely (and as soon) as possible.

In order to prove your claims, it is also important to record what officers looked like, their names, if you know them, and contact information for potential witnesses of the police misconduct. Knowing these details is important to ensure you have the strongest possible case.

A seasoned police brutality attorney can protect you from dishonest cops who may fabricate prosecutions with the goal of gaining leverage in the event of a potential lawsuit.

While you sometimes have the option of filing a police misconduct report, finding an experienced attorney and filing a lawsuit instead always leads to better results. If you rush to file a misconduct report instead of hiring an attorney, you will likely reveal too much and compromise your chances of a successful lawsuit.

Our attorneys can take police brutality cases on a contingency basis which means you owe nothing unless we win and we advance all expenses for experts, investigators, and such. Filing a formal complaint with the assistance of a highly qualified attorney is the only way to secure significant compensation, clear your record, and hold bad cops accountable.

Speak with a Civil Rights Lawyer First 866.836.4684

Or Connect Online

Victims of Police Brutality Deserve Justice - Act Now to Secure Compensation and Demand Police Reform - Call the JailDeathandInjuryLaw’s Police Misconduct Team Now

Police brutality claims can only be made within certain time limits. The usual time frame is between one and two years, even less in some states. If you want compensation and justice, act fast. 

JailDeathandInjuryLaw's attorneys have stood up to some of the top law enforcement agencies in the country securing big settlements and great verdicts for victims and their families. 

Our team does not hesitate before taking on tough or complex cases. Our attorneys have the experience, resources, tactical know-how, and connections to get to the bottom of any police brutality investigation. They are strategic settlement negotiators and imposing trial lawyers who have set numerous legal precedents.

If you have been the victim of police brutality, contact JailDeathandInjuryLaw's attorneys today.

Finding an attorney who can fight for your civil rights can not only help you get compensation, but also benefit your entire community. 

866.836.4684 or Connect Online